By Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam
This quantity includes a range of the Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures offered each year on the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts. added by way of eminent scientists and students, together with Nobel laureates, they disguise a vast spectrum of matters in physics, chemistry, existence technological know-how, arithmetic, historiography and social issues.
This unusual memorial lecture sequence used to be inaugurated by way of the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts following a world symposium held in Jerusalem in March 1979 to commemorate the centenary of Albert Einstein's beginning. for the reason that Einstein's pursuits, actions and impact weren't constrained to theoretical physics yet spanned wide fields affecting society and the welfare of humankind, it used to be felt that those memorial lectures will be addressed to scientists, students and erudite laypersons instead of to physicists alone.
- What Can natural arithmetic supply to Society? (W Timothy Gowers, Fields Medalist)
- General Covariance and the Passive Equations of Physics (Shlomo Sternberg, Professor of natural and utilized arithmetic, Harvard University)
- The constitution of Quarks and Leptons (Haim Harari, Professor of Nuclear Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science)
- Beautiful Theories (Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Harmless power from Nuclei (Carlo Rubbia, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Supramolecular Chemistry: From Molecular details towards Self-Organization and intricate subject (Jean-Marie Lehn, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Chromatin and Transcription (Roger Kornberg, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Energy, surroundings, and the accountability of Scientists (Yuan T Lee, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Res Ipsa Loquitur: heritage and Mimesis (John E Wansbrough, Professor of Oriental and African reports, college of London)
Readership: Scientists, scholars and lay people.
Read Online or Download Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 PDF
Best general physics books
The publication is dedicated to the physics of plasma at excessive density, which has been compressed so strongly that the results of interparticle interactions and non-ideality govern its habit. curiosity during this non-traditional plasma has been generated in recent times while states of topic with excessive focus of power turned obtainable experimentally because the foundation of contemporary applied sciences and amenities.
Noteworthy for the philosophical subtlety of its foundations and the splendor of its problem-solving equipment, statistical mechanics should be hired in a extensive diversity of purposes — between them, astrophysics, biology, chemistry, nuclear and good country physics, communications engineering, metallurgy, and arithmetic.
This textbook introduces undergraduate scholars to engineering dynamics utilizing an cutting edge technique that's immediately available and accomplished. Combining the strengths of either newbie and complicated dynamics texts, this publication has scholars fixing dynamics difficulties from the very begin and progressively publications them from the fundamentals to a growing number of not easy issues with out ever sacrificing rigor.
This booklet is written for college students and different readers as a glance contained in the diversified variety of functions for physics open air of the clinical examine surroundings. this primary quantity covers a number of diverse components of the humanities and layout starting from level lighting fixtures to sculpting. the writer has interviewed specialists in every one region to give an explanation for how physics and expertise influence their paintings.
- Gravity Does Not Exist: A Puzzle for the 21st Century
- A Textbook of Engineering Physics (Kerala)
- Opa, was macht ein Physiker?: Physik für Jung und Alt (Erlebnis Wissenschaft) (German Edition)
- Física para Universitários: Óptica e Física Moderna (Portuguese Edition)
Extra resources for Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1
Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 by Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam